Online Services Now Available
Online services are now available through our new Parking Portal
In the coming days, this site will be moved to our new permenant location
under Transportation Services.
Please update your bookmarks.
In Effect From 12/01/14 to 4/01/15
The Amherst Campus Parking Snow Policy affects OVERNIGHT parking
(1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.) and parking during a SNOW EMERGENCY CLOSING period.
|Campus Snow Emergency #:
|Transit Bus Service #:
OVERNIGHT PARKING (1:00 am to 7:00 am)
||Lot 25 (north of roadway to Yellow Lot 12 ONLY)
||Lot 32 (west of Lincoln Ave. only, closest to Prince Dormitory)
||Lot 63 including Thatcher Road (except at meters)
||Lot 46 (except at meters)
PARKING ALLOWED - ONLY WITH APPROPRIATE PERMIT
||Any posted reserved space
PARKING NOT ALLOWED
||Lot 25 (south of the roadway to Yellow Lot 12)
||Lot 32 (east of Lincoln Avenue only)
||Lot 45 (except by special permit only)
||Lot 47 (park in Lot 44 from 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.)
||Any campus roadway (including Southwest horseshoe)
||All parking meters, including Fearing Street meters
SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING - ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL - ONLY WITH APPROPRIATE PERMIT
During a snow emergency closing period, essential personnel who report to work
may park only in the following areas:
- Lot 21 (west of Southwest)
- Lot 25 (west of Physical Plant and north of roadway to Yellow Lot 12)
- Lot 30 (located on Campus Center Service Road)
- Lot 31 (north of Engineering and Lederle Graduate Research Center)
- Lot 32 (west of Lincoln Ave. only, closest to Prince Dormitory)
- Lot 34 (south of Isenberg School of Management)
- Lot 36 (Central Heating Plant)
- Lot 62 (south of Morrill Science Center)
- Lot 63 Worcester Dining Common Lot Only (west of Worcester Dining Common)
SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS FOR PARKING "SMART" ON A SNOW DAY
- Park your vehicle next to other parked vehicles at the front of the lot.
- Use the UMass bus service.
- Carpool rides whenever possible.
- Walk if possible.
- Have someone drop you off.
- If space is not available in your assigned lot, go to either Lot 25 (north of roadway)
or Yellow Lot 12 (both west of Physical Plant). During snow conditions, it is not possible
to guarantee normal lot capacity will be available.
- If you receive a parking citation and believe it was improperly issued, you may appeal it at
Parking Services within 14 days from the date issued. Appeals can be submitted in writing,
appealed in person to the Hearings Clerk, or appealed online