Parking Services' Site is Moving!
Preview our New Site Here.
In the following days, Parking Services' online presence will merge with Transportation Services.
Some services may be temporarily unavailable.
For immediate assistance, please contact our office at 413.577.PARK (7275). Thank you.
Occasional Parking Permits
This program is designed for those who normally walk, bike, or take the bus to campus, but who must,
on occasion, drive to campus. The current UMass parking program requires that employees and students purchase
a year-long, full price parking permit regardless of how often they drive to campus. The Occasional
Parker Program will provide discounted books of one-day parking passes for those who are already doing
their part to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles coming on campus.
The passes are sold in books of 20 and participants are eligible for up to three books per
year (Sept. 1 through Aug. 31). Max of three per academic year for employees and two for students. To register
for the Occasional Parker Program, please visit Parking Services. If you already have a current UMass
parking permit, you can exchange it at the Parking Services office for a pro-rated number of Occasional
Parker passes. You will also receive a pro-rated refund for your current parking permit. Only UMass
employees and students are eligible for this program.
- Yellow Lot: $8.00 per book
- Purple, Green, Blue & night: $15 per book
- Red Lot: $30 per book
- The Occasional Parker book contains 20 passes. Employees are eligible for up to three books (total of 60 passes) per year,
while students are eligible for up to two books (total of 40 passes) per year.
- Only UMass employees and commuter students are eligible for the Occasional Parker Program.
- Passes are valid for your current lot (subject to eligibility and availability).
- Passes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and valid from Sept. 1 through Aug. 31 of that permit year.
- Passes require the same registration as UMass parking permits.
- If you already have a regular UMass parking permit, you can exchange it for Occasional Parker passes. You will be given a pro-rated refund for your regular permit.
- If you choose to stop participating in the program, you will remain eligible to purchase a full-year permit
for the lot in which you previously held a full-year permit, or for currently open lots, subject to availability and eligibility.
- Waitlist status is maintained while participating in the Occasional Parker Program.
- Additional one-day permits may be purchased at the current one-day permit rates ($5/day).
- Participation in the Occasional Parker Program is exclusive (i.e. you may be an Occasional Parker OR possess an annual permit).
- Occasional Parker permits are not valid for the campus center garage and do not substitute as a night permit.
- Occasional parker permits are only sold at the start of each semester (September and January).